Pi-eX analyses historical auction sales trends to understand the impact Covid-19 has been having on the art market as of end of March 2020.
In this webinar, Founder Christine Bourron answers the critical questions:
- What trade data is available in the art market?
- What was the state of the art market before Covid-19?
- What impact has Covid-19 had on the market as of end of March 2020?
- What is next for the art market?
- Pi-eX Blog: https://pi-ex.mybigcommerce.com/blog/
- Pi-eX Quarterly Report Summary: Q1 2020 https://pi-ex.mybigcommerce.com/macro-results-at-top-3-auction-houses-worldwide-q1-2020-summary/
- Pi-eX First Quarter Reports: 2007 – 2020 https://pi-ex.mybigcommerce.com/auction-reports/annual-quarterly-monthly-reports/quarterly-reports/first-quarter/
- Pi-eX March Reports: 2007 – 2020 https://pi-ex.mybigcommerce.com/auction-reports/annual-monthly-reports/monthly-reports/march-reports/
Christine Bourron is the CEO of Pi-eX. Founded in 2014, Pi-eX is a London based, FCA regulated, financial broker dealer, focusing on Fine Art market research and Fine Art‐based financial instruments. Pi-eX’s mission is to help art stakeholders better understand and manage risk and volatility in the fine art market. As a financial advisor, Pi-eX offers primary research as well as innovative analytical and financial tools to art collectors, dealers and investors.
Pi-eX was shortlisted by the Financial Innovation Award for Best Data Innovation in 2017 and for Best Financial Start‐ Up in 2018.
Over the past 20 years, Christine made a career of starting innovative businesses in changing markets. She started in 1998 PaintingsDIRECT.com, the first online art gallery in New York offering original artworks by more than 500 contemporary artists and in 2006 the first landscape design bureau in Moscow, Russia providing High Net Worth Individuals with turnkey solutions for the creation of large parks.
Before starting her first business, Christine worked for Corporate Decisions, a strategy consulting firm in Boston, US, Apple Computer in Kiev, Ukraine and Procter & Gamble in Paris, France.
Christine has a dual MBA/MA degree from the Wharton School and The Lauder Institute, School of Arts and Sciences, at the University of Pennsylvania, USA. She attained her Bachelor of Arts degree with a specialization in Finance from ESCP Europe, Paris France in 1990.
Christine is a Board Member of the Professional Advisors to the International Art Market (PAIAM) and a member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI).