Tang Art Advisory, the New-York based art advisory firm and One Art Nation, the online international art community educating art collectors and professionals, are delighted to introduce their new Art Wealth Management Online Program, created to be a primer for wealth management professionals and other fiduciaries.
Pre-recorded courses will be available for participants to view at their convenience. A live and interactive session will be offered monthly, for participants to select from. The course will be capped off by a quiz, which, upon passing, will entitle the participant to a Certificate of Completion. Annelien Bruins, CEO of Tang Art Advisory, will lead the program. Experienced art and finance professionals will lecture on specific topics including:
- Understanding Art and the Art Market
- Art: Passion Investment vs. Equities & Fixed Income
- Navigating Art Transactions & Pricing
- Art Finance Solutions & Art Funds
- Art Wealth Management (incl. Estate Planning)
You’ll walk away with:
- A Certificate of Participation from our Art Wealth Management Online Program
- An excellent grasp of the idiosyncrasies of the art market when compared to the financial markets
- A thorough understanding of the pros and cons of art as an investment in comparison to financial assets such as stocks or bonds
- An awareness of the potential conflicts of interest in the art market and how to guide your clients on pricing and transactions
- A comprehension of art finance products and when and how they may be appropriate for your clients
Please be aware that this syllabus is tentative and may be subject to change.
Additionally, the art market is not just opaque from a price discovery perspective. Art professions nor art transactions are regulated. Therefore, determining which firm or expert is best suited to assist their clients is a major challenge for financial fiduciaries. It’s not always clear, for example, how art advisors and private art dealers are remunerated, and whether an art appraiser has a conflict of interest in appraising a collector’s artwork (for example because they’d like to have the piece on consignment further down the road).
Therefore, it benefits a wealth manager to understand the basic tenets of the art market and the concept of art as an asset class. Being informed about the issues that come up with the ownership of art allows wealth managers and others to ask the right questions on their clients’ behalf.
Annelien Bruins has worked within the international art world for almost 20 years. After managing two extensive private collections of art, antiques, and collectibles, she set up London-based Bruins Private Collections Consultancy in 2007, providing portfolio management to both private and corporate clients from Europe, the United States, and Asia. Five years later, Annelien hopped the Atlantic and joined Tang Art Advisory where she currently serves as CEO.
Annelien is a member of the Estate Planning Council of New York City and a board member of the Foundation of the American Institute of Conservation. Recognizing her acute understanding of the art market and its many nuances, Spears Wealth Management named Annelien Best Art Advisor in 2014 and 2015. She has been interviewed by CNBC, Thomson Reuters, Barrons Asia, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, Art + Auction, Investment Week and Private Asset Management.
Annelien has lectured at Christie’s Education, Sotheby’s Institute of Art and California College of the Arts, has written for Family Office Exchange, Spears Wealth Management, and Private Wealth Focus. Annelien has written three Ebooks which are available on amazon.com: ‘Managing relationships in the art market’, ’Art, the New Asset Class’ and ‘How to become a successful artist in 7 steps’.
Partners will benefit from:
- Increased online visibility in the international art world
- Enhanced brand recognition among wealth managers, art advisors, art collectors and the wider art market
Interested in partnering on this program? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t have a PayPal account? No worries. Continue to PayPal and under the account fields, click to pay with your credit or debit card. It’s fast, easy and secure.
Please fill in the form with any questions or comments you have. We’ll get back to you shortly!